Thursday, July 13, 2006

Getting Prettier

At the golf course, there are three categories of food and drink service workers: the restaurant, the snack shack, and the refreshment cart. At different times, we waitresses have remarked that it seems the prettiest girls end up as cart girls. At least three of ours are blond and quite slender. It seems being pretty is a requirement for driving the refreshment cart around the golf course.

Well, I must be getting prettier because on Sunday, I became a substitute cart girl. So I had the pleasure of cruising around in the refreshment cart, which has a governor on it so that it goes even slower than the average cart. It was hot and there weren't a lot of people out there. And it was dry and therefore dusty. By the end of the afternoon, I looked like I'd been standing down wind in a field where someone was doing sommer fallow. There was a lot of dirt in my ears.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Whattaya mean "getting" prettier? Honey, you're already there! (said with a snappy little attitude) ;o)

love, katrina

shebesav said...

Jen, You make me laugh. I love your wit!

Asylum said...

Miss Jennifer Gilbertson YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL...I cant believe you're not always the cart girl!