Friday, September 14, 2012

Across the pond

flying into Edinburgh
      Three nights ago, I arrived in Scotland, tired, jet-lagged and excited, but a little bit homesick.  My shuttle driver, a balding man with a grizzled white pony tail, crammed me and my stuff -  along with two other people and their stuff - and away we went on the winding hilly roads of Scotland.  It's funny how disconcerting driving on the left hand side of the road can be.
         Here are a few pics I've taken from my explorations so far.  Enjoy.

looking west from a fish 'n' chips shop at Market Street, St Andrews

St Andrews Cathedral Ruins


Some Scottish cattle with lovely hairdos

St Mary's College - the Divinity school at the University of St Andrews
St Andrews Castle as seen through a small lane

St Andrews Castle

No comments: